Sunday, September 30, 2007

Marfy pattern adventure f1122



I have chosen this dress for my step-daughters wedding. When I found this pattern and immediately decided that this was the dress. I ordered the pattern and it arrived on Wednesday. Today I cut the pattern out of some light weight cotton that seems very stable and I even remembered to add seam allowances and made a mock up. Even the mock up looked gorgeous until I started to cut the fabric in some areas that were a little to snug. One of the things that I found was that this pattern has very little easy. The bodice fits beautifully. Bust height is perfect. My problem area is the high hip area.

Tomorrow I will modify that and add the sleeve to see how it looks. This will probably be another issue. I measured that pattern to find it measured 14 inches. My arm in the widest point measures 15 inches. I added two inches and will see if I need to do more.

So far I have not found this pattern to be difficult to cut out or put together. It seems like it is very well marked.

No comments: